A Festive Time Aboard Magellan!
Readers made their way to the London Cruise Terminal at Tilbury in the early evening to embark, settle into their cabins and take a look around the 1250-passenger ship, before meeting for drinks in the Hamptons Longe Bar.
A sumptuous five-course dinner was then served in the Waldorf Restaurant, before guests were able to take in a musical tribute to ABBA in the Magellan Main Show Lounge. The layout over two floors enabled everyone to get a great view of the entertainment and table service meant drinks could be enjoyed without having to move from the comfort of our seats!
Afterwards, readers had a choice of venues for further late-night socialising and cabaret including Sinatra’s Lounge Bar, the Captain’s Club and Scott’s Nightclub before retiring, and disembarking in the morning following a self-service breakfast, with options ranging from Continental to full English.
Plans for the Magellan Magellan in 2016 include a refurbishment of Scott’s Nightclub into a traditional British pub, complete with a big screen for showing sporting events such as Wimbledon, and the addition of a specialist coffee bar.
“We really had a most enjoyable time and were amazed at the number of people attending this party night, yet the booking-in procedure was very swift. We loved the way the theatre was over two decks so no matter where one sat, you had such a good view and plenty of space. Thank you very much for the opportunity of visiting this ship.”
Beryl Edwards, Wayfairer, London
“Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to enjoy a great evening’s entertainment and experience cruise ship fare.”
John Long, KLM Retirees Association, Buckinghamshire
“Thank you for such a wonderful experience; we thoroughly enjoyed the whole event and it has certainly given us ‘food for thought’ for future events as a group.”
Daphne Richards, Friends and Family, Dudley
- An extra 5% discount for groups of 12 or more
- Free places offered for 21st and 42nd place
- A dedicated coach drop-off and parking if required
- Single members can book a superior twin inner or ocean view cabin for sole occupancy with a very competitive 25% single supplement
- Priority embarkation and disembarkation
- Dining in the same restaurant area at the same time
- Special dietary requirements catered for on request
- A dedicated get-together welcome cocktail party (minimum 20 passengers)
- Exclusive use of a public area on request
- A dedicated shore excursion programme subject to minimum numbers
- Personalised promotional material and merchandise
- A special group information pack for the GTO